Hydration is a very important part of your health, especially during the summer months where temperatures can reach 100 degrees. Although we can live for up to 50 days without food, without water we will survive only a few days!! Let’s take a look at some of the benefits of drinking a healthy amount of water.
- Maintain body fluids – We’ve been told our whole lives how much of our body is made up of water. In order for the body to function properly (digestion, circulation, body temperature), we must replenish the fluids that we lose throughout the day.
- Weight Loss – Believe it or not, drinking more water can actually help you lose some extra weight. By keeping the fluid levels high in your body, it becomes more efficient as far as breaking down nutrients.
- Muscle Recovery – Without proper water intake before, after, and during workouts our muscles can get depleted and begin to suffer. Cramps also can occur.
- Silky skin – By keeping your hydration levels high, you can also help your skin look great. By staying hydrated, your skin is less likely to look dry and wrinkled!
- Energy – Water and hydration play a huge part in energy levels and overall performance throughout the day. Staying hydrated will keep you performing at your best!