Why You Should Take Time to Improve Your Core
At CrossFit Lake Mary, we like to ensure that everyone takes the time to make sure their core is good and strong. Among the many scientific reasons as to why we emphasize the importance of strong, the focal points are:
1) improved performance; specifically in strength training and gymnastics
- By increasing core strength, your body will have a stronger base which, in turn, allows you to withstand a higher amount of external load supported by you.
- Core strength is essential for gymnastics movements such as kipping pull-up, HSPU, muscle-ups (ring and bar), and anything that requires you to be inverted. The enhanced core strength allows for greater body control within these movements, which allows you to become more efficient.
2) improved body composition (LOSE FAT AROUND THE MIDSECTION!)
- Strengthening your core can allow for improved fat-burning, specifically around that midsection (front and back) which we all know is a stubborn area. Putting a few extra minutes and reps in for core development will help get you to achieve that “look good in a swimsuit” appearance…so long as your nutrition is in check 🙂
3) improved spinal health
- Your spine is a very important piece of your body and it is critical that it is held in place with good, strong, mobile muscles. With a strong core and back, you will be less likely to develop spinal injuries, complications that could lead to expensive surgeries, or be prescribed to unnecessary pain medications (also, see your chiropractor).
At CrossFit Lake Mary, we want to be sure that you remain healthy and strong so that you may achieve all the fitness goals that you have set out for yourself! Take time to develop your core and get it strong. If you need some guidance on how to get that process moving forward, sign up for some private session with one of the coaches and we’ll help you get to where you want to be faster!
Email us today for more information! email@example.com
community, confidence, CrossFit, CrossFit Heathrow, CrossFit Lake Mary, CrossFit Seminole, fitness, group fitness, Gym, heathrow, Heathrow CrossFit, Holidays, lake mary, Lake Mary CrossFit, lose weight, lose weight for the holidays, motivation, personal trainer, Results, Sanford, Sanford CrossFit, Seminole county CrossFit, Seminole CrossFit, Tone up, weightloss, workout