Ten Reasons You Should Do Mobility
Mobility work provides a lot of great health and wellness benefits, and doing mobility regularly will help improve your overall health and fitness. But just incase you’re not convinced, we compiled our list of the top ten reasons you should be going to mobility class.
1. By doing mobility you prepare your body for your workout, so you are able to improve your performance. You can lift more weight over a longer period of time.
2. Mobility helps you have better body positioning when training so you have far few injuries and resulting aches and pains.
3. If you do have an injury, mobility helps you recover faster and prevents you from getting reinjured.
4. Mobility provides muscular freedom from tissue adhesions. These adhesions occur because of trauma or injuries throughout life, so we all have them. But without myofacial release – what we do when mobilize – your muscles are bound and restricted from their normal range of motion. Sounds painful, doesn’t it?
5. Mobility work can assist in reducing the severity delayed onset muscular soreness (DOMS) that comes after workout.
6. Mobility work helps improve your overall flexibility.
7. Consistent mobility practice improves postioning within movements which optimizes safety.
8. Mobility improves our proprioception- or our ability to sense our own body. This includes the ability to sense the position and movement of our limbs and trunk. So if you want to be a better at CrossFit, you need to improve your proprioception.
9. Suggested to assist in relieving stress and anxiety.
10. When done properly, longer mobility sessions have been shown to provide similar physiological adaptations to aerobic training.